At staySky Vacation clubs, we have created an exceptional opportunity to enhance our Members’ vacation experience in Orlando and worldwide. Through our Interval International partnership, we extend this opportunity on a global level – connecting you to even more lodging choices where you can enjoy that desired memorable vacation.
In addition to providing a review of the great benefits already available with your staySky Vacation Clubs Membership, this Annual Update introduces you to additional new and exciting benefits which we are confident will encourage you to make the most of your Membership.
1. About Your Maintenance & Club Fees
Day-to-day operations of the staySky Vacation Clubs resorts is handled by the Management Company
Each year, on or about November 1, we will be sending out the annual assessment statements to all Members. We are very excited to report that the 2017 Owner’s Association Budgets have been approved and there will be minimal to no increase for 2017. We invite you to explore how these fees go toward providing you and your family with many memorable vacation experiences both now and in the future.
2. Global Benefits with Interval Gold
staySky Members enjoy enhanced vacation benefits with Interval International
staySky’s additional benefit of Interval International’s Interval Gold membership entitles you to year-around priveleges and outstanding values, both at home and while traveling. Interval Gold makes life richer, easier and more fun! Click here to learn more about your Interval Gold membership.
3. Making your staySky Member Reservation
Start planning your vacation and reap the benefits of your staySky Vacation Clubs membership
We want every one of our members to enjoy their staySky Vacation Clubs Membership to the fullest. To ensure everyone has a chance to experience fabulous vacations worldwide, we have dedicated a web page outlining this process to make your reservation – whether you are planning to visit Orlando or exchange through Interval International. Click here to learn more.
4. Coming to Orlando? Discover our Top 10
With well over a hundred attractions, dozens of shopping malls and plenty of entertainment venues, we have come up with our Top 10 things to do when visiting Orlando
People come to Orlando for the theme parks—we get it and don’t disagree. However, Orlando offers so much more than Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and its accompanying water parks. In fact, Orlando offers so much more that it would over 100 days to see everything there is to see.
And so, our staff at staySky Vacation Clubs has come up with a Top 10 list that has everything from unsung attractions to off-the-beaten-path venues worth seeing in your next visit, so here they are:
- One – The Orlando Eye: Located in the heart of International Drive, The Orlando Eye is also one of our newest attractions—as well as the tallest Ferris Wheel in Florida. Consider upgrading to VIP for an unforgettable ride with a glass of champagne.
- Two – Mall at Millenia: For a world-class shopping experience, look no further than the Mall at Millenia, located near International Drive. From luxury shops like Tiffany & Co. to signature anchor stores like Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdale’s, this place has it all.
- Three – The Fun Spot: If you are looking to take a break from the big theme parks, you can always spend a day at The Fun Spot, where you can experience classic attractions to include a wooden roller coaster—and it costs a lot less than a day at a large theme park.
- Four – Gatorland: Florida’s native “dinosaurs” are also one of the most popular tourist attractions and at Gatorland you can see these big reptiles up close. Be sure to attend a feeding show where you’ll see the power of a Florida alligator’s powerful jaws.
- Five – Winter Park: The Greater Orlando community of Winter Park is located just north of Downtown Orlando and it offers the charm of classic Florida with a touch of the posh style of South Florida—including restaurants with street seating, boutiques and cafes.
- Six – Orlando Science Center: Located in Downtown Orlando, the Orlando Science Center offers interactive natural science, history and physics-related experiences, as well as a planetarium that doubles up as an attraction and an educational experience.
- Seven – Lake Eola in Downtown Orlando: If there is a heart of Orlando, Lake Eola sure fits the description and this vibrant lake in the middle of the city is surrounded by restaurants, cafes and lots of green areas—plus you can enjoy a ride on a swan boat.
- Eight – Orlando Premium Outlets: An attraction for those who can’t contain their desire to shop-til-they-drop, the Orlando Premium Outlets has everything you need for a lot less. Take advantage of last season’s hottest fashions and electronics for a great price.
- Nine – Disney Springs: The area formerly known as Downtown Disney is now known as Disney Springs and it has expanded with many new restaurants, specialty shops and even signature stores such as the UniQlo, Zara and Tommy Bahama.
- Ten – Boggy Creek Airboat Rides: If you thought you couldn’t find something else worth bragging about, just wait until you experience Boggy Creek Airboat Rides for an exhilarating fast-speed tour of Central Florida’s swamplands.
Without question, Orlando lives up to the title of Family Vacation Capital of the World and staySky Vacation Clubs’ Top 10 give you a reason to keep coming back to Orlando for a lifetime of vacation experiences.
5. staySky Escapes: The Hidden Benefit
staySky Escapes provides you with a world of exciting vacation benefits!
Do you need assistance with making the most of your vacations utilizing this program? You may not know it but you have a personal concierge waiting to help you arrange your next vacation!
One of the top benefits from our staySky Vacation Clubs experience is the personal touch we provide to our members. As a staySky Vacation Clubs member, you will find our trained personal concierges to be as friendly as they are eager to help you plan an ideal vacation for you and your family.
To get started, login to stayskyescapes.com and click on support located at the top of the site:
- Under Quick Links click on Book a Personal Concierge
- Select Time Zone > Select Date > Select Time
- Enter your preferred Contact Number
- And finally, describe areas where you might need some assistance on making travel arrangements.
All you need to do is book an appointment and we will call you on your terms to make sure you have everything you need to create the perfect holiday. Our goal is to assist you in making your next vacation with staySky a memorable experience your family will cherish for a lifetime.
Are you ready to enjoy the hidden benefit of staySky Vacation Clubs? We are ready to show you a world of enjoyment that starts in Orlando and takes you all around the world with our enhanced relationship with top vacation brands. We can also be reached at 1.877.560.2070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Explore the SSVC Referral Program
Share the joy of your staySky Vacation Clubs membership with friends, family and anyone else who loves to travel
At staySky Vacation Clubs, we are excited to see more people joining us in spreading the word about a great way to vacation. As a new member, you are a part of a group of people who want more out of their vacations—and with staySky Vacation Clubs you can now share the good news with everyone around you.
Our staySky Vacation Clubs Rewards Program was designed to incentivize members when sharing the excitement of a new way to vacation. In exchange for your support, you can earn Rewards Vouchers that can be applied toward your Maintenance Fees and Taxes. And needless to say, if you are an active referrer you can potentially cover most—if not all—of your fees thanks to your referrals.
To get started, please share with us the following information from each of your referrals:
- Full Name
- Number of travelers in the family
- Email address
- Phone number
- Favorite theme park in Orlando
By providing this information, we can present to your friends, family and co-workers an exciting Orlando vacation offer to help them save on their next vacation. As family vacation capital of the world, Orlando offers multiple theme parks, hundreds of attractions and amazing weather all-year-round.
Have questions about how the SSVC Rewards Program works? Contact our staySky Vacation Clubs Owner Relations department at 1.844.655.7829 or you can email us at email@example.com.
7. Insider Tricks at the Theme Parks
Our staff has been visiting Orlando’s theme park for years and we have compiled a list of ten “insider tricks” (plus a bonus one) picked by them to help you enjoy more of your vacation
No matter what you age may be, the moment you approach the main gate of any of Orlando’s theme parks your heart will always race in anticipation of the fun you’ll experience that day. At the same time, you will also dread the long waits in line under the sun, sometimes overpriced food and of course, the expensive souvenirs. However, there are ways to get around the “theme park experience” and make the most out of a day at the theme parks—so here’s ten different insider tricks for maximizing the fun on your next visit:
- One – Get a free map at the entrance: If you’ve never been to an Orlando theme park or if you haven’t visited in a while, chances are that Disney, Universal and SeaWorld have evolved with the addition of new attractions. Also, seasonal events often change the landscape of a theme park and without a map, you may not be able to plan where to go next.
- Two – Start all the way in the back of the park: Whether you are going into a Disney or Universal theme park, most people tend to stay within the bottleneck of the main entrance. Try walking fast all the way to the farthest corner of the park where you will not have to wait long in line and then work your way to the front to avoid crowds.
- Three – Bring plenty of snacks: The only way to avoid being hungry at a theme park is by eating snacks regularly throughout the day. Not only will you get energy from it, you can save money by avoiding multiple full meals in a day. Also, bring water bottles into the park so you can stay hydrated and refreshed without having to buy soft drinks.
- Four – Get a park-hopper ticket: If you are planning to visit multiple Disney or Universal theme parks, consider buying a park-hopper ticket that allows you to go from one park to the other during the same day. It pays to have the flexibility to jump from one park to the other so you can see everything you want to see during your vacation.
- Five – Bring a backpack (and an umbrella): Not only should you be planning to bring snacks, but what will happen if you do end up buying souvenirs at a theme park? Think ahead and bring a backpack where you can store water, snacks and an umbrella—this last item can be of help during the late spring and summer, when afternoon showers are common in Orlando.
- Six – Don’t fear the “single rider” lane: Theme parks have devised ways to allow die-hard fans get ahead of the crowded general admission lanes at their attractions. The “single rider” lane allows guests to get to the attraction faster with full understanding that parties will be broken up. However, if you don’t mind it you can usually cut down wait times by half as a single rider.
- Seven – Get a “fast pass” to your favorite attractions: Since theme parks created the opportunity to reserve a place for you and your family without having to wait in long lines, they have also limited the number of fast-access slots per guest to only three attractions. Think of the top rides you want to experience and get your “fast pass” as soon as you get to the park.
- Eight – Always reserve a table for dinner: So you’ve been eating snacks all day and now you want to splurge in a nice sit-down dinner? If you want to dine at a signature restaurant in any of the Disney or Universal theme parks, plan ahead and book a reservation with guest services. Failing to do so may cause disappointment due to a lack of availability at popular restaurants.
- Nine – Connect to the free Wi-Fi: Disney and Universal know how important social media, email and mobile apps are to its guests. Also, theme parks now have “companion apps” to enhance the way you experience them. But with so many different limitations to cellular signal, bandwidth and phone plans, free Wi-Fi at the theme parks is always a welcomed benefit for all.
- Ten – Arrive early and stay late: While we know you are on vacation the reality is that you are visiting the top family vacation destination in the USA. Chances are that a few thousand people are also planning on going to the same theme park on the same day, so arriving early will give you a chance to see more of the park, while staying late will make the day more memorable.
- Bonus Tip: Don’t buy souvenirs at the parks… Just got to Walmart: It’s no secret that you can save money by avoiding specialty stores within the theme parks. Instead, consider going to one of the local Walmart stores near International Drive where you will find a tourist-friendly section full of souvenirs, theme park branded gifts and clothing for a lot less than at the theme parks.
Share with others the opportunity to experience Orlando with staySky Vacation Clubs. Learn more about our Referral Program by calling 1.844.655.7829
8. Enjoy a Taste of Florida
Florida offers unique flavors influenced by the many people and colorful cultures that call this state their home—and here are a couple of Florida recipes that you can make made after a quick trip to a local supermarket. And in case you don’t want to go through the trouble of cooking or baking, we also know where you can get your hands on one of these delicacies.
Traditional Cuban Sandwich
The island nation of Cuba has a strong connection to Florida and through the Cuban exile diaspora, our peninsula has been infused with Latin flavor. The traditional Cuban Sandwich is considered by many to be a work of art, especially when it comes to having a balanced construction. And so, we have sorted through the many recipes for Cuban Sandwiches to select one that reflects the exotic nature of this Caribbean delicacy.
The ingredients for a well-constructed Cuban Sandwich are:
- Four slices of ham
- Four slices roast pork (the main ingredient)
- Three slices of Swiss cheese
- Four slices of pickles
- Yellow standard mustard (do not use Dijon or spicy variants)
- Cuban bread (1/3 cut) sliced along its length
Once you assemble all the ingredients, the rest is simple: place in a sandwich press, press hard on the sandwich to flatten it as much as possible. After 5 minutes, remove and wrap in aluminum wrap and you can pack it on your backpack to enjoy it as breakfast or simply put it in your backpack so you can take it to the theme park.
(*) Where to order it: One of the best Cuban sandwiches in Central Florida is served at Bongo’s Cuban Café at Disney Springs. Owned by Emilio and Gloria Estefan, this restaurant offers a little slice of Cuba’s yesteryear in the heart of the family vacation capital of the world.
Key Lime Pie
The official dessert of Florida is both tangy and decadently sweet, with origins in South Florida—specifically Key West. Word has it that Ernest Hemingway was very fond of this pie and if you’ve ever tasted it you would certainly know why. The dessert is made with juice extracted from limes, egg yolk, and condensed milk—where all ingredients are whipped and then oven-baked in a pie crust, just like an apple pie.
The ingredients for the iconic Key Lime Pie are:
- Four (4) egg yolks
- One can (15 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- Half (1/2) cup of freshly-squeezed key lime juice
- One graham cracker crust—preferably in 9-inch size
- Four (4) eggs whites and four (4) tablespoons of sugar
Start by mixing the egg yolks with condensed milk, then add the freshly-squeezed key lime juice and mix vigorously. When you are done mixing, add the pie mixture into a graham crust pie shell. To make the meringue, beat the four egg whites while adding sugar until stiff.
Finally, add the meringue on the pie, spreading it evenly up to the crust edge, then adorn with peaks using a fork or a wooden spoon. After that, you can start baking the pie in a pre-heated oven at 300 degrees. The pie will be ready when the meringue turns brown and at that point you can remove it and cool off before serving it.
(*) Where to order it: If you are willing to drive a bit off the beaten path, you can you’re your way to Yoder’s Restaurant & Amish Village, located in 3434 Bahia Vista Street in Sarasota. This restaurant is famous statewide for its Key Lime Pie and people drive from other states to experience it.
We will continue looking for Florida-inspired recipes so stay tuned to future updates and be sure to try them when you visit Orlando on your next vacation!